- 6 mixed citrus fruits (navel orange, grapefruit, Cara Cara orange, blood orange, pomelo, clementine)
- 10 ounces Pacific Foods Vegetable Broth
- 8 ounces orange juice
- ½ Stick Morton & Bassett cinnamon stick
- 3 ounces Canaan Jenin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-250g package Canaan Maftoul
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup raw filberts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup Jeff’s Garden Pitted Castelvetrano Olives, chopped
- ½ cup assorted fresh herbs (parsley, mint, dillweed, chives)
- 2 ounces 'O' California Sherry Vinegar
- 2 tsp Mill Pepper Co Salted Green Campot Peppercorns
- 2 pinch Maldon Sea Salt
Using a vegetable peeler, remove strips of zest from 1 orange, being careful not to remove the white pith. Set aside.
In a pot, bring vegetable stock, orange juice, half of the reserved citrus peels and ½ cinnamon stick to a simmer over medium heat.
In a medium pot with tight fitting lid, heat 1 ounce Canaan Jenin EVOO over medium heat. Add Canaan Maftoul and sauté 3-4 minutes, stirring often until lightly toasted. Stir in heated Pacific Brand Vegetable Broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover; simmer for 15-17 minutes or until Maftoul is tender and liquid is absorbed. Let cool, discarding citrus strips and cinnamon stick
Using a paring knife, remove peel and pith from remaining citrus. Working over a bowl to catch juice, cut out segments from between membranes and add to bowl of juice. Squeeze juice from remaining citrus scraps into bowl.
Citrus oil: bring remaining 2 ounces olive oil, reserved citrus strips, garlic and thyme over low heat and cook for 5 minutes until warm and fragrant. Set aside and strain solids before use.
In a large bowl, toss Maftoul, citrus segments with their juices, nuts, Jeff’s Garden Pitted Castelvetrano Olives and herbs. Spoon onto platter and drizzle with 'O' California Sherry Vinegar. Spoon citrus oil over top. Sprinkle with Maldon Sea Salt and Mill Pepper Co Salted Black Peppercorns.