Nicoise Style Salad
- ½ Lb red potatoes
- ¼ Lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup dry canelini beans
- 3 hard boiled eggs, halved
- Vigo Baby Artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup quartered radishes
- ½ cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup Marzeiit Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons Mediterranean Organic capers, drained
- Brianna’s Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Maldon Sea Salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Start with the dry beans.
Place 1cup of Carlson Arbogast Dry Cannelini beans in small pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about one hour. Check beans periodically for desired tenderness.
While the beans are boiling, place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Stir in 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring potatoes to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until fork-tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let cool. Slice into quarters.
Once potatoes are drained, fill the pot with water, bring to a boil, and set a bowl of cold water nearby. Blanch the green beans by dropping them into the boiling water for 2 minutes. Quickly remove green beans from boiling water and immediately immerse in the ice water. After 1 minute, remove green beans from cold water bath and let sit to
Slice and dice cucumber, radishes, boiled egg, and red onion. Assemble salad with the potatoes, green beans, white beans, eggs, artichokes, red onion, radishes, tomatoes, olives, and capers. Add fillets of Olasagasti Ventranesca. Sprinkle with parsley and season to taste with flakes of Maldon sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
This salad recipe can easily be made vegetarian or vegan!
Recipe inspired by Love & Lemons