Pasta with Bolognese Sauce
- 1 ea. Yellow Onion, peeled and rough chop
- 2 ea. Carrots, peeled and rough chop
- 2 ea. Celery Stalk, rough chop
- 6 ea. Garlic Cloves
- 1 ea. Fresh Rosemary Branch, leaves picked and stem discarded
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Ground Lamb
- 4 oz. Pancetta, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- ¼ c. Tomato Paste
- 1 c. Red Wine
- 1 c. Milk
- T.t. Salt and Pepper
- 1 lb Dried Long Rustichella Pasta, cooked al dente
- ¼ lb Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese for serving
Place the vegetables and herb into a food processor and puree.
Heat the oil (medium-high heat) in a medium sized pot and brown off the meat.
Remove the meat and add the vegetable mixture, stirring periodically to prevent burning.
When the vegetables are nicely translucent and the raw smell has subsided, add the tomato paste, stirring to combine. Cook this mixture for 2 minutes and add red wine to deglaze.
Return the meat to the pot along with the milk and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
Adjust the seasoning and top or toss the pasta with the sauce and finish with grated Parmigiano Reggiano.