Easy Tomato–Kale Pasta with Sichuan Chili Crisp
Ingredients Available at Martha’s Vineyard | Serves 2
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbs Fly By Jing Chili Crunch
- 4 Ortiz Anchovy Fillets
- 2 tbs Canaan Rumi Olive Oil
- 1 cup lacinato Kale, stem removed and cut into thin strips
- 2 servings Rustichella Bucatini Pasta
- 1 jar Frantoi Cutrera Semi Dried Cherry Tomatoes in EVOO
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- grated parmesan reggiano for garnish
Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Blanch kale for 30 seconds; then drain and plunge into ice water. Squeeze dry and reserve.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook Rustichella Bucatini until al dente. Before draining, remove 1 cup of the starchy pasta water and reserve. Drain pasta.
While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet sauté garlic, Fly By Jing Sichuan Chili Crisp and Ortiz Anchovy Fillets in Canaan Rumi Olive Oil over medium-low heat. Mash Ortiz Anchovies with back of wooden spoon while cooking, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add blanched kale and cook for 2 minutes.
Add cooked Rustichella Bucatini Pasta to skillet and toss to coat in Anchovy Pepper Mixture. Add drained Frantoi Cutrera Semi Dried Cherry Tomatoes.
Increase heat to medium-high and add half cup of the pasta water. Cook for 2-3 minutes until pan sauce has started to thicken slightly, adding more pasta water if too dry.
Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish with Parmesan Reggiano.